Yup another one - we all know that there isn't a meme I don't love!!!
40 Questions about 2008: An End-of-the-year meme
1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before?
Learned to Double crochet (thanks Elsa – PS in my book I am reading now there is a character named Elsa and she is a little girl so in my mind’s eye I have made her a young you)
2. Did you keep your New Years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I did and I probably will.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
I don’t think so I think everybody had them in 2007 or will have them in 2009.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Yup thus 2008 = the year to hate.
5. What countries did you visit?
6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
7. What date from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory?
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
9. What was your biggest failure?
The fact that I earned the title “posterchild for how not to grieve”.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
11. What was the best thing you bought?
My PT Cruiser.
12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
This sounds like a cop out but quite a few people who just were (and are) amazing.
13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
A few people but I am not dwelling on them, they don't deserve my thoughts :-)
14. Where did most of your money go?
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
My nieces they continue to amaze and inspire me!
16. What song/album will always remind you of 2008?
Going through hell
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
1. Happier or sadder? Sadder.
2. Thinner or fatter? I am going to take a pass on this one
3. Richer or poorer? Poorer.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Found the good in life, and taken care of friendships
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
20. How did you spend Christmas?
Haven’t spent it yet but will spend it with Jim at the movies.
21. Who did you spend the most time on the phone with?
22. Did you fall in love in 2008?
I have no cheesy answer so I will say no
23. How many one night stands in this last year?
24. What was your favourite TV programme?
Ace of cakes…
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
26. What was the best book(s) you read?
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Robert Plant and Allison Kraus
28. What did you want and get?
A new car
29. What did you want and not get?
Christy to live on “we street” - come on Christy there is still time to make this bump up one to the want and get category...
30. What were your favourite films of this year?
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I honestly can not remember my birthday this year – I am pretty sure I worked!
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
34. What kept you sane?
Clearly nothing hence the prison garb
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
By fancy you mean???
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
37. Who did you miss?
Mom, Needles, Tiki, Louise
38. Who was the best new person you met?
I think Louisa
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008.
That not all friendships are meant to last
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year?
And their memory’s like a train
You can see it getting smaller as it pulls away
And the things you can’t remember
Tell the things you can’t forget that
History puts a saint in every dream